Five tips for your best yoga nidra practice (ever)
After five years of daily yoga nidra practice, here some of my top tips for making your next yoga nidra session your best ever:
1. If you’re in a situation where you need to be fully alert, don’t practise yoga nidra. I hope it's obvious, but driving down the motorway is not a good time to listen to yoga nidra.
2. When you do practise yoga nidra, try to make sure you won’t be disturbed by someone crashing into the room or the phone going off.
3. Take the time to make sure you are really comfortable. I say this in every yoga nidra recording, but it really is worth it. Drawing the curtains, getting that extra blanket - whatever it is, make sure you are able to really rest with ease.
4. if you always fall asleep during yoga nidra, try practicing without an eye pillow. You could try a thin silk scarf across the eyes, or just simply go without.
5. On that note, try practicing at different times of the day. First thing in the morning can be a great time to practice as you are much less likely to fall asleep (unless of course you are still in bed in your PJs... then you may find yourself nodding off!)
Do you have any more tips to share? I'd love to hear in the comments below.