Shakti Yoga: Inner Winter
Saturday 1st December 2018, 2 - 5pm
Wild Wolfs Yoga, 32 St Nicholas Street, Bristol, BS1 1TG
Be called to rest in your inner winter
Discover yoga for women's well-being, with menstrual conscious awareness at the heart of the teachings. Enjoy 3 hours of nourishing and flowing womb yoga, restorative yoga, yoga nidra, discussion, circle work, and deep connection with the wild and creative feminine energy - the power of shakti! These workshops will leave you feeling empowered and excited to maximise the potential in your life.
Menstruation has had a bad rap over the last couple of thousand years, but the riding is turning, and more and more women are waking up to the idea that our regular bleed is not a curse after all. I am excited to introduce the idea of menstruation as a highly spiritual time, a time when you can gain clarity and insight into ideas and directions to take. Just like the outer winter, menstruation is a time to rest, to nourish and honour one’s natural desires to put down the tools. Come and explore how deep and delicious rest can turn menstruation from a painful or inconvenient experience to something much more profound.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand why charting your menstrual cycle is more than a way to manage fertility
- How to manage your life according to menstrual cycle awareness
- Connect deeply with other women in a unique and compassionate way
- Discover your ‘secret powers’ as a women, and how to use them in your working life
- Gathering a deepen understanding into the biology of the menstrual cycle, and how to support the hormonal changes with food, herbs, activity, etc.
- Experience restorative yoga which calms the nervous system, boosts the immune system and encourages overall feelings or wellbeing
- Receive the healing gift of yoga nidra, perfect for tired, over-worked and stressed women
Is this for me?
This workshop is suitable for all women, whether menstruating or not. This includes pregnant, postnatal, peri-menopausal and menopausal women. The menstrual cycle is an embodied experience of the cycles of the moon, so all women are welcome to come and connect either with their ‘inner moon’ or the ‘outer moon’.
£30, including snacks or book all four Shatki workshops for £105, saving £15 - dates are: 12th May - inner spring, 7th July - inner summer, 20th Oct - inner autumn, 1st Dec - inner winter, all running 2 - 5pm.
Please see here for full terms and conditions.