Shakti Yoga: Your Inner Spring
Saturday 12th may, 2pm - 5pm, WIld Wolfs, 32 St Nicholas St, Bristol BS1 1TG
Discover yoga for women's well-being, with menstruality conscious awareness at the heart of the teachings. Enjoy 3 hours of nourishing and flowing womb yoga, restorative yoga, yoga nidra, discussion, circle work, and deep connection with the wild and creative feminine energy - the power of shakti! These workshops will leave you feeling empowered and excited to maximise the potential in your life.
Inner spring refers to the time of pre-ovulation, just after bleeding and before ovulation. It is a time when the energies and interests in the world begin to grow, but just like spring itself, these energies can ebb and flow. Just as the gentle spring sun can be taken over by a sudden frost, so to can this be a time of fragility as well as dynamism.
We will explore how pre-ovulation is a time of great potential and opportunity, but also a time when we may need to rest inbetween signing up to new hobbies and tasks. We will also look at how our experiences as teenage girls may be affecting how we experience pre-ovulation now, and how best to manage your work or cope with family or friendship demands. Mel will also share self-care tools designed to help you get through this phase.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand why charting your menstrual cycle is more than a way to manage fertility
- How to manage your life according to menstrual cycle awareness
- Connect deeply with other women in a unique and compassionate way
- Discover your ‘secret powers’ as a women, and how to use them in your working life
- Gathering a deepen understanding into the biology of the menstrual cycle, and how to support the hormonal changes with food, herbs, activity, etc.
- Experience flowing moon salutations for pelvic health
- Receive the healing gift of yoga nidra, perfect for tired, over-worked and stressed women
Is this for me?
This workshop is suitable for all women, whether menstruating or not. This includes pregnant, postnatal, peri-menopausal and menopausal women. The menstrual cycle is an embodied experience of the cycles of the moon, so all women are welcome to come and connect either with their ‘inner moon’ or the ‘outer moon’.
Price: £30 including snacks or book all four Shatki workshops for £105, saving £15 - dates are: 7th July - inner summer, 20th Oct - inner autumn, 1st Dec - inner winter, all running 2 - 5pm.