Know Your Flow:
Well-being from Within
Next course date starts at New moon, Tuesday 9th October - Tuesday 6th November 2018
Discover a new, radical approach to wellbeing by 'tuning in' to your menstrual cycle. This four-week online course is for busy women who are looking for new tools to live a successful, happy and healthy life. There are no 4am starts, no diets or exercise regimes, and no time-consuming activities - this course is an invitation to understand just how and why the menstrual cycle holds your key to greater well-being.
By developing a deeper awareness of your own unique cycle you’ll come to see your body, and the cycle itself, in a new and positive light. This course could be the beginning of your journey towards greater self-acceptance as you learn to marvel at the wonders of your cyclical nature, and understand why working with your cycle, rather than against it, could be the start towards you achieving your goals and ambitions on your terms.
Not only will you start see your body and your menstrual cycle in a whole new light, but you will also discover that your cycle has four unique ‘seasons’, each with their own strengths and challenges. We are all familiar with menstruation, the bleeding part of the cycle, but did you know that there are three other parts of the cycle, all with their unique characteristics? By connecting with your womb and your flow in this way, you discover when your hormone levels are due to change and how this affects just about everything, from your mood, your energy and your enthusiasm for life, to your appetite, sex drive and your need for more sleep.
This is the blueprint (or should we say red print?) to the wonderful workings of your body that will give you the insight you need to know when to start the health kick and when to eat the cake, when to hit the gym and when to hit snooze, when to get your party dress on and when to stay at home with a blanket and a good book. More than this, this is the beginning of seeing yourself as more than just a body that needs shaping up or slimming down - this is the beginning of increasing your understanding of just how miraculous your body is. Understanding your body in this way allows you to understand your entire being - physical, mental, emotional and even spriritual - more deeply and fully than any self-help book or yoga class could ever do. Join me.
Menstrual Medicine for the Modern Woman
We live in a time when healing is crucial, for our bodies and our planet. During this course you will learn more about the environmental impact of the modern ‘sanitary’ industry, and discover other options available which won’t break the bank, your body or the planet - you’ll even get a 10% discount from the online ethical company, Honour Your Flow. We will discuss the pros and cons of various contraceptives, and use scientifically backed up data to help you make an informed, healthy choice to manage your fertility.
Not only that but we will have nutritional and herbal guidance from trained nutritional therapist and herbalist, Polly Thornhill, plus deeply relaxing yoga practices you can do at home with ease. Menstrual charting will be made easy with paper templates and an overview of apps, and you will be invited to join a private Facebook group where I will share daily tips and inspiration, as well as creating a forum for sharing, discussion and learning. Plus you will receive two consultation phone calls with me during the duration of the course, to offer you bespoke menstrual coaching and support on this journey.
What you receive
You will receive a free yoga nidra recording for each season of your cycle, designed to deeply calm the body and relax the mind, as well as discovering simple yoga postures to practice at home (no expensive equipment or leggings required!). As well as this you will receive:
- Two 30min Menstrual Coaching phone calls with me throughout the course for personalised advice and guidance
- A free menstrual charting template and information on the various online apps out there
- Access to a private Facebook group for group support along with daily top tips and advice
- 5 e-handouts including:
- Advice on herbs to use throughout the cycle
- Nutritional advice
- Exercise/ yoga practice advice for those women bleeding, ovulating, trying to conceive, post natal or any stage of menopause
- Tips on how to maximise your cycle for work/ love/ creativity/ health according to hormone levels
- A recommended reading list to deepen your knowledge
- A 10% discount code from Honor Your Flow, a small ethical company based in Cumbria making beautiful, sustainable and functional cloth pads
- A 10% discount with Moon Time Chocolate, hand made organic artisan vegan chocolate truffles inspired by our cyclic nature as women (discount excludes subscriptions)
How it works
This is a four week online course, taking place on Facebook. Each day new tips and information will be shared online. You will also receive an email at the start of week, introducing that ‘season’, and you will receive two phone calls with me for personalised menstrual coaching.
Each week will focus on a different phase of the menstrual cycle, and why each phase can be compared to the seasons of the year, and cycle of the moon. We will also explore herbal and nutritional advice for each season, and topics such as:
- Menstruation (known as winter) - why you need more rest, and how to get it in a busy life, how and why to chart your cycle, alternative menstrual products which don’t cost the earth
- Pre-ovulation (known as spring) - fragility and vulnerability at this time, the need to do, why putting yourself first works at this time, how to build confidence
- Ovulation (summer) - why indulgence and sensuality is key! Identifying fertile times, including understanding the impact of your natal moon on your fertility,
- Pre-menstruation (autumn) - dealing with the shadow, the inner critic, rage and other emotions; appetite changes and craving; tiredness and irritability
If you are:
- Suffering with low self-esteem, negative emotions and lack of self belief
- Fed up of being exhausted
- Experiencing difficult relationships with your partner, loved ones or colleagues
- Struggling with low libido, and a roller-coaster of mood and emotion
- Craving a new approach to exercise, nutrition and wellbeing which supports your body
- Understand the patterns in your seemingly unpredictable mood swings and energy levels
- Receive nutritional and herbal advice to support you in each phase of the menstrual cycle
- Learn how to plan, organise and live your life with greater awareness of your needs
- Take a new approach to exercise, nutrition and wellbeing which REALLY nourishes the female body
- Build a relationship with your body based on respect, understanding and love
Is this for me?
£75, payable before course start date
Each course starts on the new moon:
- New moon, Tuesday 9th October - Tuesday 6th November 2018
- New moon, Wednesday 7th November - Wednesday 5th December
- New moon, Monday 14th January - Monday 11th February 2019
Pricing and dates
Please see here for full terms and conditions.